“Our volunteers have the MOST fun!”
We are always looking for volunteers! Whether you want to deliver, work in the kitchen, or just help out any way that you can, we would love to talk to you. Stop in to 413 Church street and fill out an application, and we can tell you more about the opportunities we currently have! *Please note: Every volunteer is required to have a background check before starting service*
Information About Our Program
- We prepare and deliver meals to the following areas: North Syracuse, Mattydale, Liverool, Cicero, Clay, Brewerton, Bridgeport and
Baldwinsville (for those who qualify).
- We prepare approx. 400 meals per day (200 lunch and 200 hot meals).
- Our program begins at 7 am and runs until about 1 pm daily.
- Our volunteer drivers start coming in at 10 am to socialize-then they start loading their coolers at 10:40. It typically takes about 1 hour to deliver meals on a route.
- Routes average 7-11 stops per day.
- Kitchen Volunteers start between 7 am and 8 am and typically volunteer until about 12 noon.
- Volunteer Bakers come in later morning and volunteer for approx. 3 hours.
Our volunteers retention rate is excellent...
The average volunteer has been with NAMOW for of over 10 years now!
North Area Meals on Wheels also invites volunteers to participate with numerous committees and events that we have throughout the year.
By working together we have the strength and determination to meet the challenges and accomplish our goals!
Yes, we always have a need for regular and occasional volunteers. CALL TODAY at 315-452-1402!
Currently, Meals on Wheels only has opportunities during the week (Monday – Friday)